- In short, your website should load as fast as possible!
- The ideal website load time for mobile sites is 1-2 seconds.
- 53% of mobile site visits are abandoned if pages take longer than 3 seconds to load.
- A 2-second delay in load time resulted in abandonment rates of up to 87%.
- Google itself aims for under half-a-second load time
- A VERY SLOW SITE can be a NEGATIVE Google Ranking factor.
- The average load time for mobile sites is 19 seconds over 3G connections. Models predict that publishers whose mobile sites load in 5 seconds earn up to 2x more mobile ad revenue than those whose sites load in 19 seconds.
- People would not return to websites that took longer than four seconds to load and formed a “negative perception” of a company with a badly put-together site or would tell their family and friends about their experiences.
- Slow load times are the primary reason visitors abandon a checkout process.
- In studies, Page Time Load goes from 1s to 3s – the probability of bounce increases by 32%.
- In studies, Page Time Load goes from 1s to 5s – the probability of bounce increases by 90%.
- In studies, Page Time Load goes from 1s to 6s – the probability of bounce increases 106%.
- In studies, Page Time Load goes from 1s to 10s – the probability of bounce increases 123%.
- In a recent study, the average load time for a web page was 3.21s.
- In a recent study, the average load time for a mobile web page is 22 seconds.
- For every 100ms decrease in homepage load speed, a company’s customer base saw a 1.11% lift in session-based conversion
- Users read fewer articles each day whilst experiencing delays loading each web page. The speed of the site negatively impacts a user’s session depth, no matter how small the delay.
- Two-thirds of US consumers (67%) cite slow loading times as the main reason they would abandon an online purchase.
- 47 percent of consumers expect a web page to load in two seconds or less.
- 40 percent of consumers will wait no more than three seconds for a web page to render before abandoning the site
- 52 percent of online shoppers stated that quick page loading is important to their site loyalty.
- Shoppers often become distracted when made to wait for a page to load. 14 percent will begin shopping at another site, and 23 percent will stop shopping or walk away from their computer.
- A faster site should improve visitor satisfaction levels and the number of conversions.
- Google might crawl your site slower if you have a very slow site (confirmed by Google).
- Retail and travel sites – 79 percent of online shoppers who experience a dissatisfying visit are less likely to buy from that site again. 64 percent would simply purchase from another online store.
- Automotive retail sites take on average 6 seconds to load.
- Customer packaged goods sites take on average 6.1 seconds to load.
- Finance sites take on average 5.1 seconds to load.
- Healthcare sites take on average 5.6 seconds to load.
- Media sites take on average 5.5 seconds to load.
- Retail sites take on average 6 seconds to load.
- Technology sites take on average 6.8 seconds to load.
- Travel sites take on average 6.7 seconds to load.
- Improving your desktop site speed score in isolation of developing a compelling user experience, will not magically lead to BETTER rankings in Google in the short term.
- Ranking is a nuanced process and there are over 200 signals, but now speed is one of them. Know that ‘content’ and relevance’ are still primary. Website and page load speed may affect Google rankings, just not as much as high-quality links, good titles & content that satisfies a search engine visitors’ intent.
The main role of a business website is to inform potential customers about the availability of various products and/or services and the client benefits accruable in the event that you opt to transact business with that particular company. This sort of marketing cannot be successful without the incorporation of SEO right from the start; it is imperative to have a SEO-friendly website design to ensure that your business website will eventually rise and reside in the higher echelons of search engine results. What elements should therefore be incorporated for the realization of a SEO-friendly website design?
Effective keyword research is the first of these and a proper understanding of what a business’ objectives are is necessary so as to get it right. Of course, knowing what the business objectives are will help to clarify several integral issues. A website designer will become aware of a business’ target market and area and thus be able to simulate the path that online visitors will use to reach the website. The designer will also be in a position to create effective sitemaps (the most recommended options are XML, ROR, URL List and HTML). This will no doubt help in the creation of effective contents rich in specific keywords and which will be used to target the business’ potential customers once the website is in operation.
The website must also be designed in a manner that will ensure search engine-friendly navigation i.e. a navigation protocol that is easily comprehensible for the search engines. For this aspect of on-page SEO there is need for a top-notch internal linking structure and the implementation of text-based links and buttons is a sure way of achieving superb accessibility. Opting for a flash-based navigation system is unadvisable for two main reasons. First, search engines cannot read text on images, and second, mobile devices (which are increasingly being used currently) are generally non-supportive of flash elements. Proper link labeling is also important as both the visitors and search engines need to be accurately directed to relevant pages.
Having done proper keyword research the next requirement will be to ensure that the identified keywords are placed in strategic positions within the website’s user-friendly contents. The most effective positions include the title tag, Meta description and keywords, navigation, website slogans, H1, H2 and H3 tags, breadcrumb trails, bullet points, alt text, the core website copy, internal and footer links, file/folder names, URLs, etc. Nevertheless, it is important to ensure that keyword density is agreeable with Google’s stipulations for user-friendly contents.
The integration of social media is an essential aspect of SEO-friendly website design. Placing various social media icons prominently on the site will let visitors know of the business’ availability on the indicated social networks. From the search engine perspective, daily use of Twitter can greatly augment keyword placement and accelerate the Google cache rate i.e. the frequency at which Google will visit the website to check for updates.
You have built it, will they come? This is a question that all entrepreneurs ponder in their minds when they are starting new businesses. Starting a business is a risk because one can never quite tell if customers will come. Internet business is no different. You can create a fabulous online business complete with a colorful website but you can’t just sit back and hope that customers will find it; if you do, they will certainly not find it. You have to bring your new business to the market’s attention and this is why you will need the help of an internet marketing agency.
An internet marketing agency provides a series of search engine optimization services. The purpose of search engine optimization services is to increase the volume of web traffic to your website. When more visitors start coming to your website your sales volumes will also start increasing.
Before you begin to worry about the techniques that an SEO agency South Carolina will use to position your internet business in the market, you need to find the right SEO agency to partner with. The internet marketing agency you entrust your marketing requirements to will determine the success of your business.
The first question you need to ask in this regard is how long the SEO agency has been in business and if it has a portfolio of successful marketing campaigns that you can look at. You can judge how successful an agency’s search engine optimization services assignments have been by their previous clients’ success. An agency that has carried out very successful marketing campaigns for other customers is more likely to do the same for you. An established marketing firm might charge higher fees but every dollar you pay will be well spent if its marketing expertise is anything to go by.
The next important question you should ask is whether an SEO agency has expertise in your particular industry. An internet marketing agency may be very successful at marketing businesses in particular industries but that does not guarantee success when it takes on a different industry. It is therefore better to go for an agency that has a good track record of successfully marketing within your industry.
Some marketing agencies promise instant results. They promise to double or triple your sales volumes overnight using their revolutionary marketing techniques. You should however not fall for such promises of fantastic results – even the best search engine optimization services providers can’t guarantee hasty perfect results. Your SEO agency of choice should provide a realistic projection and a means of evaluating the results of its marketing strategy. It’s certainly better to work with achievable goals and then keep building upon your successes rather than hope for miraculous results that cannot be achieved.
Unless you are selling something online that people have no choice but to buy, you will need a well thought out and carefully executed marketing plan. If marketing is not your forte then you will do well to team up with an digital marketing agency. The internet marketing agency NGRTeam will take care of marketing your business while you concentrate on the aspects of your business that you are most familiar with. There should be a win-win relationship between you and your SEO agency. This relationship needs to be well built and nurtured though.
The first thing that should be well defined from the start is the role that each of you will play in the relationship. The SEO agency NGRteam will provide search engine optimization services aimed at boosting the online visibility of your business. Your role will be to support the agency’s marketing efforts by providing the required content for the website. You cannot shirk your responsibilities and expect the SEO agency to do everything for you; an agency can indeed fire you as a client if you are not pulling your weight.
Communication between you and your internet marketing agency is very important. A lot of information needs to be shared on an ongoing basis and you must therefore always maintain open communication channels with the agency. The agency is duty-bound to regularly update you on the particular search engine optimization services aspects it is handling at any given point in time. They will require fresh content from you as well as photos and product descriptions to use in their marketing campaign and you thus need to supply all these things promptly because the marketing campaign may stall if you don’t.
Marketing agencies provide search engine optimization services to several or numerous other clients apart from you. You can’t therefore hog your agency’s attention and expect it to attend to you around the clock.
An internet marketing agency NGRteam is an independent consultant and you have to treat it as such. The professionals there will not tolerate rudeness or condescension from you. Often times you may disagree on certain things but your relationship should not break down just because you differed on say the search engine optimization services that the agency has selected for your campaign or maybe because you are not seeing quick results.
If you want to see good returns from you investment in marketing you have to cooperate fully with your SEO agency and meet your own obligations. If you build and sustain a good working relationship with the agency you will no doubt observe great rewards sooner rather than later.