Optimize Your Website for SEO
Some of the quickest and easiest wins when it comes to SEO can be achieved just by taking a bit of time to optimize your website.
This doesn’t mean some sort of big overhaul, in fact, you’d be surprised to find out just how many businesses skip this step and then wonder why they are stuck at the bottom of page two of the search results. Don’t let this be you!
Even taking care of the simplest of things can give you a leg up.
Here’s where to get started:
- Create target keywords for each page of your website
- Have unique meta tags (i.e. titles and descriptions for each page)
- Make sure to include keywords in your URLs (especially for products or services)
- Include your target keywords in your headings on both pages and content
- Check to see you have included your target keyword 2-3 times on each page (but don’t go overboard)
- Link to posts and pages from within your site
- Optimize any images or videos that you have included
- Add outside links to your site like from social media profiles and directories
- Be sure your site is responsive (can easily be viewed on mobile devices)
- Be sure your site AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)
Those are the basics, and even just taking care of those will help improve your rankings over both the long term and the short term. Remember, any additional content you include on your site, be it a blog post or a new service, you want to be sure it is optimized.
Lastly, when it comes to optimization, don’t forget both speed and security. The majority of people who visit a site will leave if it doesn’t load quickly, and that’s for both desktop and mobile devices.
Hand in hand with speed comes security as well, especially if your customers can buy on your site, you want to be 100% sure it is secure, which is one way to really build more trust with your customers.
Consider upgrading your current site to HTTPS so that your entire site becomes completely secure. You’ll need an SSL Certificate for this. But don’t think this is just for eCommerce sites that accept payments. HTTPS is a stated Google ranking factor so it can give you can futureproof your website and get an advantage over the competition.